Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hiccup In My Calves



Sometimes there comes a point physically when you just can't go. Today was one of those days. I got myself mentally prepared for a 6 miles run today. Got dressed, tied up the laces, and hit the road. About 30 seconds into my run I knew it wasn't going to be an easy journey. About two minutes later, my calves were solid rocks and it felt like I was carrying 50 pound sandbags on each leg.  I only made it a little over a mile before I decided I needed to stop, turn around, and walk home. For over two weeks now my calves have been super tight, not really loosening up until I hit about mile three. I've been training pretty hard for the past two months because I am running the Broad Street Run in Philadelphia this Sunday. I'm sure things are just catching up a little bit. For me today, I figured it is not worth REALLY screwing up my legs when I've been working for this weekend for so long.

This slight hiccup (yes, a hiccup because no matter what I'm going to get through it) just goes to show me that I am sure I'm going to come across some injuries/pain as my training continues into the marathon. So tomorrow I'm taking the day off. See how I feel Friday and rest up for the 10 mile race on Sunday.

(I would like to give a shout out to my mom for massaging my calves tonight. I owe you big time! True love right there. Thanks, Marmee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment