Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pic's Blog: Are you sure you want to eat sushi?

I'm currently working on an article involving soon-to-be or confirmed animals that are on the extinct/endangered species list and I came across a story that says "according to researchers, there will be no seaf­ood left to catch by 2048, except for jellyfish, which will thrive in the new, collapsed ecosystem. "

I personally do not know much about animals other than the basic facts I learn at the zoo but this stat SCARES ME!



My co-worker Andy Settler and myself talk frequently about how much we love to eat sushi, but after reading this and a few other stats, I may have to stop.

I am a complete supporter of survival of the fittest and love a big juicy hamburger, but some of these animals that are listed are uncalled for.

How would we as humans like it if animals just decided to take over and kill us all?

We need these animals for our environment and hopefully this post will make you appreciate this beautiful spring weather and all the lovely creatures that surround us!

check out the full article here http://animals.howstuffworks.com/endangered-species/no-more-fish.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment