Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Need to be flexible...literally and physically


For the first time in my life, I was actually stressed out this morning about NOT being able to get a run in today. If my college roommate Sarra Moller is reading this, she is probably laughing because during college she ran literally every day during the summer in preparation for preseason and I didn’t run at all, so she probably thinks it’s hilarious that I’m now stressing about running unlike when it actually mattered. But anyway, I woke up this morning thinking I wasn’t going to be able to fit a run into my schedule today with my regular 9-5 work day and me heading to the Flyers Game 7 right after work (LETS GO FLY GUYS!) Me? Nervous about not being able to run?! Wow, maybe I’m actually turning into a legit runner.

After stressing out for a solid 15 minutes this morning, I finally realized during this journey I’m going to need to be flexible with my running times/routines/training. Not everyday is going to be easy to work out with a full days work, a puppy at home and having somewhat of a social life. But I am going to have to find a way. I’m going to need to be flexible and open-minded.

So today after I walked the pup, I went for a solid 3-mile run (which I saw my friend Joey driving to work but he didn’t even notice me...I’m blaming it on his new Lasik eyes.) To be quite honest, that run really woke me up today and made me feel great physically all day. Today’s agenda= flexible. Amanda’s body= NOT flexible, that is something I def need to work on.


No comments:

Post a Comment