Sunday, May 1, 2011

Broad Street Run Bib #28122

Today I ran in the Broad Street Run, a 10-mile race in Philadelphia that has 30,000 participants each year supporting cancer research. (Below: a picture of me mid-race that my cousin Jackie captured. Other is me posing with my beautiful medal.)



I thought it would be fun to tape during the race, so check out the video below. (WARNING: There is one sentence where I completely make my sentence backwards which will probably make you laugh, but give me a break- after running for a while my brain was a cloud.)


 Wasn't able to retape again during the race, check out my post-race video :)



This is the first time I've ever ran this race and by far this is my FAVORITE race I've ever ran. As you run down Broad Street the residents of the City of Brotherly Love line up cheering all of us runners for the whole 10 miles. I would like to thank each and every one of those individuals because their support really got me through the race, especially the guy who was holding a sign that said "Go Amanda, Go!" Clearly that sign was not for me, but I used it as motivation anyway. :)

I would especially like to thank MY support team, my mom, cousin Jackie and aunt Kathy for coming out to the race today and cheering me on. I love you all dearly and it means so much to me. Seeing you at the half way point really pushed me to the finish!!! Xo


While I made my time I wanted, this race really made me realize that no matter how slow or fast someone is, time doesn't always mean everything. I finished a 10-mile race, something not many people can say they accomplished. Whether I was running a 6 minute mile or 15 minute mile, I did it. Mark it down in the books....Marathon in 248 days babyy!!!!

Check out Jackie's Blog from the race today as a spectator!!! http://thereckessrunner.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment