Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Head is clear, back in it.



I would first like to say I am sorry for the lack of blogging as of late. (Not sure how many of you actually read this/missed me while I took a bit of a break) Since my last post I was going through an angry phase because I was going through an injury and took it easy for about two weeks. I was pissed I wasn't running a lot and I was pissed when I did run because I hurt. So that left me bitter for about two weeks and making me eat ice cream which made me happy, but then that pissed me off because I knew I was getting fat because I was not running. A NEVER ENDING CYCLE OF SADNESS.

But on a positive note, I am back and feeling really well!!! This past weekend I was in Ocean City, New Jersey for my best friend's bachelorette party and on Monday morning while I was there I went for a run along the board walk.

For the first time, in what seems like a long time, I felt great on the run. My legs felt good, my breathing was good and the conditions were perfect. For being 8 a.m. it was a bit on the toasty side, but the ocean breeze helped. I really am mentally back into it after a two-week hiccup. I think deep down I really needed it.

I ran along the boardwalk and it was so great to see so many runners out there despite it being a holiday weekend. Running is an individual sports but I will admit it is one of the friendliest and kindest group of individuals.

While sunbathing on the beach I finished my book "Running For Women" by Kara Goucher. It was a great book and  some of the things she told me is great advice. That will be my next blog post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment