Friday, May 13, 2011

If you look good, you feel good

When it comes to running, almost everyone wants to look good while they're doing. Whether it be because you're a fashionista with stylish clothes or because you agree with the saying "If you look good, you feel good," almost all of us want to look and feel great in some way.

Everything from clothing to accessories is out there to make you look good while you're hitting the pavement, but there is one thing that I believe is extremely necessary if you are a runner of some sort: Road ID.

As stated on their website, "If you are a runner, cyclist, triathelete or just an active person, Road ID is for you. In the event of an accident, if you can't speak for yourself, your Road ID will. It's not just a piece of gear - it's peace of mind"

Before I know it I am going to start going on some challenging runs and pushing myself physically to levels I have never accomplished before....mind you, these runs are going to be held during summer months with what I sure will be some terrible heat. With that being said, Road ID is a wonderful invention, allowing me to post all of my information and emergency contacts in case I collapse on the side of the road or trip and hit my head on the pavement.

There is plenty of space to engrave information along with a motivation quote (which I have not decided on yet....however I"m leaning towards 'BEAT OPRAH' because if she can finish a marathon, so can I.) Me personally I am going to by the bracelet Road ID, but they have other styles such as dog tags and ones that clip onto the laces on your sneaker. So this weekend I am ordering both myself and my cousin one (sorry Jackie, I had to blow the surprise). I really encourage everyone to get something like this because if I happen to find you on the side of the road I want to know who you are and who to call! Save your own life people!

Check out the Road ID website here

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. I LOVE THIS. BEAT OPRAH is the best quote one could have on their wrist. Love it, Love you!!

    ReplyDelete