Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The day the earth caught fire



Jackie and I with essential running gear: water bottle fanny pack, hand held water bottle,shades and music.

Good afternoon readers:

Wanted to drop by with a quick blog entry after promising I’d get back on my blogging game. On Saturday my cousin Jackie and I went on a 6 mile run around Lansdale. It was a big loop from Sumneytown Pike, Broad Street, Hancock St., Church St., and back up Sumneytown to Valley Forge. Not going to lie, I think I could have run forever on Saturday. I was in the mind set, I was feeling great. My calves were tight the first few miles, but when I stretched my stride a little, I was off for the races. Jackie and I started together but by about mile 2.5 we split in speed a little bit. She was only maybe 20 seconds behind me, she had a great run herself. I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure she was there. I also gave a little random yell back to her to keep going and to keep pushing her. I’d wait at every street corner, give her a high five when she arrived, then back to running. I think I could have gone 8 miles…I really do. Had to get home though because I have to cover two events for work.

Currently at work right now, Erica who is our mobile director in our corporate office, is at our office giving an SMS seminar to people here at The Reporter and a few neighboring newspapers. She overheard me talking to Andy about my blog today. She ran a marathon out in San Diego a few years ago and I loved listing to her journey. She gave me a few tips for my journey. Talking about it gets me so excited. Wahooo. By the way, the title of this blog is a song I am obsessed with when I run. I recommend it to alllll people who like techno/upbeat songs. Great stuff!

That is all for now. Everyone have a great hump day!!!

P.S. This picture below, I would just like to say thank you to the 45 year old man wearing bright yellow cleats (that usually cocky 12 year olds wear) in last night’s indoor game for taking me out not only once, but TWICE. I know you think you’re so good and talented old man, but pulling wrestling moves on me was unnecessary and this bruise hurts. Jerk. 
 Yes, for those of you who do not know, I have a tattoo on my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment