Friday, January 6, 2012

Thank you everyone: Disney in 2 days



Well, I must admit – I have been an AWFUL blogger for the past two months, not writing an entry in well over two months, but with two days until the big race, I feel it is appropriate I write something for what I am sure will be the most difficult task I will ever endure in my life.

This entire journey was a bit of a whirlwind, something I always had on my “bucket list” which became a reality when my cousin Jackie and I said we were seriously going to do this. I signed up for the marathon on my 24th birthday, giving myself a challenge – a way to push myself limits and strides I have never gone before.
Has this journey been easy? No. Could I have pushed myself more and trained harder? Yes. But more than anything, I am doing this. I am really doing it. Whether I am running the whole time or stopping to walk periodically (which I wish I did not have to do but I am human), the support I have gotten from family, friends, co-workers and Twitter followers has been overwhelming.
I told someone at work yesterday what my goal time was to finish the race and all they said to me was “who care about a stupid time, you doing this and finishing at whatever time is a huge accomplishment. I could never do it. I’m proud of you.”
I’ve looked at this entire race as a pressured challenged, hoping to crush it as best as I can. But hearing that people are proud of me, love me and are cheering for me no matter how slow or fast I go has made this journey so worth it.
The past few days I have been completely mental – I’ve been super emotional about the race, thinking about how I will feel during and after. And I’ve been mentally psyching myself out a bit thinking my legs are hurting just walking around during the day when I know they are fine.
I won’t say much more but I would like to sign off by saying thank you. Thank you to everyone who has asked how training is going, who has gone on runs with me, who has sent me wishes and good lucks and for all that have believed/do believe in me.
 I will not let any of you down, I promise!
Special thanks go out to my family – especially my mom who will be accompanying me on this journey (I love you) and PARTICULARLY to my cousin Jackie who will be running with me this weekend. I am so excited for us to go on this journey together, something that will live with us for the rest of our lives. I am so proud of you and everything you have accomplished. Side by side, step by step we will be crossing that finish line together with tears of happiness and accomplishment. I love you.
Big thank you to Caroline Brown Bergh and Kristian Johnson who will be in Disney with my mom cheering me on. You are the greatest friends in the world!! xoxox
I’ll be sure to post after the race is over!!! See you soon Mickey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment