Thursday, October 20, 2011

See ya in 76 days Disney!

As if everyone didn't already know, but as of last night it's official...  
I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!


Shelley (mamabear) and myself booked everything last night and for WAY too much we are going to have a magical time at "the happiest place on earth." For the amount of money I am spending I better have a damn good time. I think it's going to be great...my body however, will feel opposite. 

We're heading down Friday, Jan. 6 and arriving in Orlando pretty late at night. By that time I am sure I will be crashing as soon as we get to the All-Star Sports Resort (that hotel is going to bring back lots of memories with best friends from our North Penn senior class trip.) 

I figure Saturday in the morning I'll head to the Marathon Expo at the Wide World of Sports Complex with the crew so we can all pick up our bibs and packets. At these expos they have hundreds of vendors selling everything from shoes, clothing, accessories, massages and much more. We will walk the floors, maybe buy a few goodies and get on our way for some fun. We will head to a park and I'll be crapping my pants all afternoon because the marathon is the next day. In preparation for Sunday, a huge pasta dinner and early bedtime will hit the spot with a super early start for race day.

Sunday will be THE DAY, the moment of I have working towards for the past 8 months. The race begins at 5:30 a.m. in Epcot....making wake up time around 3:30 a.m. Like I did in Atlantic City last weekend I will force food down my throat and try not to throw up from nerves. By reading blogs of people who have ran the race before, I will need old sweats to wear to the starting line because it is super chilly at the start. My goal is to finish the race between 4 1/2 and 5 hours....I can see it now me hobbling over the finish line, most likely crying hysterical because I did it. I know the rest of the day Sunday I will be out for the count, spending an afternoon in an ice bath, icing and laying in the hotel room. Hopefully my mom, aunt kathy and cousin tyler will have a baller time at  park without us MARATHONERS. Later in the night I think we are going to head to the Aloha Dinner Show to celebrate our accomplishment.


Monday and Tuesday are going to be two days of complete and excruciating pain. I am planning on going to the parks both days...I already warned my mom I may have to rent a Jazzy, those motorized scooters, to help get me around the park. I did see last time I was there though people on those things get to the front of the lines....so it may work out in my advantage...


We're heading back to PA late Tuesday night....sadly the trip must end because work at The Reporter needs to continue. Hopefully you'll be able to make it without me for two days, right guys?


There is no turning back now (I wasn't planning on it)....but I'm all in and all focused. LETS DO THIS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment